View Single Post
Old January 27, 2000, 02:05 PM   #7
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Art gives good advice as usual here. One thing about the 870 is that adjusting the stock for best shooting is relatively easy, except for extremes and cast off/on. Even there you can do something.

For hunting,HD,and clays you want the pattern to hit more or less POA. I like 2/3 of the pattern above the bead for rising birds and clays,and get my stocks to do that by using Alumimum foil....

Test shoot some patterns and see where the pellets are striking. Let's assume they're a little lower than you want but OK for windage(Left/right). So, loosen the big bolt under the recoil pad or butt plate until you have space between the stock and the reciever sufficient for the task at hand. Fold some foil until you've several thicknesses and scissor to fit the rear of the receiver, Since the weapon is shooting low, place the foil low at the bottom and tighten up the big bolt. Pattern the shotgun again and add or subtract layers until you're hitting just where you want to.Then add some foil for left/right as needed.Hope I explained that OK.

You can also raise or lower the pattern slightly by changing the size of the front bead. Smaller bead will raise the pattern, bigger will lower.

Page generated in 0.02509 seconds with 8 queries