View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 08:12 AM   #31
Musketeer

Quote:
If that wasn't good enough then I would put my self through peace officer training school simply to be part of the gang that will always be allowed to have them.
and there you go! People ask where they will find individuals to perform confiscations. It is simple, they will find them amongst the "privileged class" who those rules do not apply to.

I find the comments from two angle here laughable. In one argument we have people thinking NO was a planned test of confiscation methods. Like George Soros was sitting there with a master plan and map of NO sending out pre-selected hit teams to raid homes for guns. In the other argument we have the pot bellied suburban militia which thinks Americans would rise up and take to the barricades with their rifles should bans and confiscation come.

Both groups need to look at reality.

Katrina was a complete debacle where gov't (starting with the local) completely dropped the ball. They could not even get bottled water to where it was needed and left parking lots full of buses to be engulfed in a flood rather than use them for an evacuation. NOTHING WAS PLANNED IN NEW ORLEANS LEAST OF ALL DOOR TO DOOR CONFISCATIONS. When they authorities made those illegal confiscations it was out of fear. These people couldn't even keep their own officers from NO from looting and some here think there was a plan to test confiscation techniques in NO... how laughable.

As far as Americans rising up in Armed Resistance... Only a small fraction of gun owners can even be bothered to join the NRA. If you cannot get them to write a small check once a year what makes you think they are going to grab a rifle and take to the barricades. I heard Wayne LaPierre at a rally a couple weeks ago and he put out a pretty amazing figure. 122 Million people voted in the Presidential election in 2004 and last year Cabelas had 80 million customers. You would think voting on gun issues should be a no brainer but obviously the majority of shooters out there are simply LAZY. They will squak but if you cannot even get them to vote against people who advocate banning their guns then why would you expect them to shed their own blood?

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.04202 seconds with 8 queries