View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013, 11:11 PM   #35
kraigwy

I'm not gonna say one is more accurate then the other. It's all about the shooter anyway.

OP was asking about long range, I've shot serveral 1000 yard matches, My best score ever was my M1A Super Match using irons.

Is it more accurate then my (target) bolt guns??? I don't think so. But I was shooting for the guard at the time and shot the crap out of my M1A.

Meaning a whole bunch more trigger time. After a while, without looking for figuring, you can check the mirage and adjust he sights with out even really thinking about it.

If I sent as many rounds down range with one of my bolt guns, I'm sure I could shoot it as good.

As too ARs in Competition. The Cheapest way to get into high power is to go the AR route. Its easier to shoot so you have more ladies and juniors in the game now days.

The CMP doesn't have a Match Rifle citatory. Pretty much everything is service rifle. That means AR, M1A/M14, M1. A match quality gun in an AR platform is the cheapest way to go.

Yeah the NRA allows match rifles, but as one gets involved in High Power, they start looking and working for their Distinguished Rifle Badge.

That program is run by the CMP, and again, that means service rifle. Seems to me it makes sense to shoot high power with the same setup you need or the Dist. Rifle Matches.

I remember many people got into the NRA Master Class or High Master with their bolt guns and aperture sights, but had a hell of a time getting the distinguished points away from Sharpshooters and Experts who used Service Rifles across the course.

My idea of the perfect gun, between Semi and Bolt guns is to have several of each.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries