View Single Post
Old September 28, 2013, 03:57 PM   #11
bedbugbilly

+1 to KBP and Hawg . . . . I'd rather carry, shoot and hunt with a good 94 30-30 than some of the new stuff that is out there. And kick? I've shot other long guns with a whole lot more kick to it. In addition to the 94 in 30-30 that my father-in-law had, my Dad bought a pre-war 94 in 32 special. That was a nice one as well - he ended up trading that one off in 1966 on one of the Winny 94 gold plated centennials.

The "obsolete" comments kind of make me chuckle a little. A few years back, I won a beautiful Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 at one of our Shriner's annual fund raising events. I needed it like I needed a hole in the head. I decided to sell it and just about every young fella that looked at it turned their noses up because it was in . . . and I quote. . . . "the old fashioned worthless 30-06 cartridge". But then again I'm getting old and maybe my ideas are just "old fashioned".
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries