View Single Post
Old March 2, 2005, 10:04 PM   #22
BillCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para Bellum
But if there is the need to use it, I hope to have the coolness to dial 911 first, report the situation and describe myself and my support action to the police before I start taking said action ...
I learned from hard experience - if you describe someone to 9-1-1 be sure it's the bad guy. Remember that they may be flooded with calls about the situation and the call center gets chaotic; some dispatcher writes down (or types) suspect instead of caller OR the responding cops, besides trying to dodge traffic, hear over the siren, are trying to piece together the situation from sketchy radio reports and confuse citizen description with suspect description.

Remember, their focus is on "who's the bad guy?"; "What's he doing?"; "How many are there?" etc. If you're good at providing good, descriptive information they'll keep you on the line. Once you've provided a good synopsis of the BG's location, you can tell the 911-Op; "I'm between cars in the parking lot with my .308 and trying to get a clear shot." Or something to that effect. I suspect that'll sober 'em up at the call center!

Page generated in 0.02218 seconds with 8 queries