Thread: RCBS Pro 2000
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 11:46 AM   #6
GWS

I bought the manual Pro 2000 and the Auto-advance Udate Kit at the same time. Two reasons...

January after Obama November was a time when finding progressive reloading tools was super difficult. I wanted Auto-advance but nobody had them. So I bought what I could find.

Besides there was reason two....I thought maybe I ought to learn to load with a progressive in a manual machine. (after 38 years of Rock Chucker experience)

After setting it up and using it for a couple of hours, I couldn't resist installing the auto-advance kit. Never had any desire to go back to manual mode. Get the Auto-Advance.

Compared to the Hornady or Dillon 650, the P2K is simple. Fewer moving parts, fewer things to go wrong, and way better & safer primer system.

Peter Eick was the reason I picked the P2k. Am sure glad I read his review on the press at Handloads.Com! He had loaded only 150,000 round on it mostly trouble free once he got it setup. As he said, he's nearing double that now....still no hint of dumping it for another press. He could in a heartbeat if there was some advantage to it.

BTW, because it is so simply designed, its easy to make your own feeders. I spent a whole $40 on my case feeder. I bought and modified Hornady's bullet feeder for it also.

Page generated in 0.03119 seconds with 8 queries