View Single Post
Old May 29, 2008, 11:16 PM   #9
LanceOregon

Quote:
The Nikon's built their reputation building great scopes from Japan. Japanese optics are highly regarded and have been for some time. The Bushnell Elites are made there and are considered by many to be the best scope for the money. Nikon does not make scopes in Japan anymore. They moved production of most scopes to Thailand, and then last year moved again to the Phillipines
Well, while the final assembly factory is indeed in the Philippines, the actual lenses are still being designed and manufactured in Japan. Like many companies, Nikon is naturally trying to lower their labor costs to stay competitive, while keeping their quality good.

Japan is actually facing similar labor problems as we have, as their population is aging too. And young people don't want lower paying factory jobs. I recently found out that both Nikon and Canon ( their biggest competitor in the camera market ) are actually importing factory workers from the Philippines into Japan to work at their lens manufacturing facilities there. I doubt that either company would be employing Filipino workers if they were not getting good results from them.

At least the Philippines is a predominately Christian nation, and is friendly to the USA. I would never buy a Nikon or Canon product that was made in Red China.

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries