View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 02:03 PM   #24
lcpiper

Anyway, My Remington 870 Marine Magnum, (Think nickle plated boat gun, corrosion resistant), is right under my bed between the box springs and mattress.

I have several handguns at strategic places throughout the house, but they are all for the purpose of allowing me to get to that shotgun.

I live alone with my wife, kids are grown. I have no illusions as to the folly of sneaking thru my house looking for bad guys. I will get to my wife, get her to call 911, and the two of us will hold up in a room and I will become a human claymore mine until the cops get there to take over. The house and belongings are insured, and I would rather deal with insurance agents then an inquest but if I have to shoot I intend to have the only story in what happened.

And there is a reason cops always go for their long guns against an armed bad guy when they can. Long guns win over hand guns most of the time.

Page generated in 0.04088 seconds with 8 queries