Thread: Animal Cruelty?
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 10:17 PM   #54
Farmland

I had a coyote hit the chicken coup. He killed all of the chickens but only one was missing. Why did he kill all of the chickens when he couldn't possibly eat them all? There was no sound reason for this. I have had a bull kill a younger bull, he didn't eat this younger bull but he sure did show his power and he seamed to enjoy his status as the leader. At other times he would have no problem pushing other cows around sometimes pinning them between objects.

I really don't think we can say an animal only kills for needs. BTW I culled this bull for safety reasons.

I have other examples and there is a known fact of the pecking order for chickens. Even the free range chickens will do the same as a cage chicken. They will keep pecking on a single chicken until they kill it. Animal on animal violence is some of the must cruelest killing that I have ever personal seen.

So I don't buy the animals are natural and only kill for sound life sustaining reasons. Because that is not true.

However let us not loose sight of what we were asked to ponder. As hunters do we feel animal cruelty is bad and I think the majority answer is yes. However be very careful on what you want to list as cruelty.

Trophy hunting is not cruelty. The animal is killed the same as any other animal hunted. A trophy hunter doesn't beat, smash (for fun or thrill) or do anything different than a regular deer hunter does. You may not be a trophy hunter, which I am not but I'm not going to segregate them into criminals.

Page generated in 0.06173 seconds with 9 queries