View Single Post
Old June 21, 2012, 09:08 AM   #8
J.R.

I have gotten the Magpul Handgun DVD's and was impressed. Yes, they teach differently than some other instructors, but that is good. It would get very boring if all the instructors taught the same way.

valleyforge.1777 :: I noticed your impression of the Handgun DVD's that you seemed disappointed in it was not exactly what you were looking for. Nothing wrong with that. I believe we all have at one time or another bought DVD's that from the info or other people opinions that it would be an excellent DVD and was disappointed after we got them. I myself have several like that. However that is part of learning. Just like various training classes. There will generally always be something one can learn from most any respectable training class one goes to. Especially if one goes into the class with an open mind.

I noticed you were complaining about the number of students in the classes and part of what you were looking for was more of a one on one training video. I agree, I would like to see that also, but I have also learned that watching a class that has students in it, I was able to learn a lot more of what was right and or wrong. Watching how the instructors corrected some of the students, etc.

In the case of the Magpul video, this was filmed during a class of about 10 students and was not meant, imo, as a one on one training video. For me I got a lot out of it.

I agree about the timer going off, after a while it can get very obnoxious. But when you have gone to training classes, don't they use timers? Any training class I have been at, some part of the training, there was always a timer being used.

Don't feel bad that you didn't like the DVD's. At the very least, you can resell the dvd's to some one that might want them and get some return on your investment. At the positive side, there may have been something that may hit home that you didn't know or might have been doing wrong and can see if it helps you to improve.

With the Armed Response series video's with Ralph Mroz, that whole series is meant for a one on one training. You are right they are an excellent series. But as much as I like them, I can't watch them to many times as his voice drives me up the wall.

As I have heard before; each to their own.

Good luck

ps: sorry for the length, had not planned to wright this long

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries