View Single Post
Old October 12, 2011, 08:57 AM   #12
Gone Shootin

@ batjka - Thanks for the response and the info, Dude. I recently got the paperwork for the application. Just FYI - i called up the county clerk at the number listed on the form - and was told that the references do not need to be Westchester residents. As long as they are NY residents, it's okay.

Also the triplicate forms that the references must sign... i don't see anything about those needing to be notarized - or even a space where that would go. Were you specifically told that those triplicate forms need to be notarized? I know the actual referral forms do.

Regarding the referral questionnaire - it's not so bad really. Just 6 short question. No real creative writing required. I don't feel like i'm imposing too badly. The notary thing is the biggest pain. I'm trying to ask people who might have access to a notary at their job. Just asked my first guy yesterday - but haven't heard back yet.

Blue Mountain is where i've been going to shoot - so i'd be happy to take the pistol class there. I like Blue Mountain a lot. It's beautiful. It's affordable. But i do have to say, i'm chaffing a bit at the restrictions. For instance, i can't take my .22 over to the large bore range and shoot at 100 yd targets.

As for the Kel Tec Sub 2K - i got that because i knew the pistol application was going to take forever - so i wanted a surrogate pistol of sorts. I found it online from Old English Outfitters - very reasonably priced. They are hard to come by and even harder to find for less than four bills.

I actually shot it at Blue Mountain this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. The front sight seems out of whack though. I have it cranked almost as far as it will go to the right - and i was still shooting to the right of where i was aiming. Also had a nearly 10% failure to eject occurrence. I do think that will iron itself out though as the mag springs and bolt spring get broken in.

Congrats on getting your application completed! That's big. Hopefully you'll be shooting by spring.

Page generated in 0.02941 seconds with 8 queries