View Single Post
Old September 3, 2011, 10:55 AM   #69
kraigwy

Shot at about 15 yards, sucker was going after my patrol car. (didn't like my flashing lights).

150 Grn LSWC at about 1300 FPS, out of a 4 in Model 28.

Shot this guy at 15 feet with the same gun/ammo combo as above. Ignor the rifle, that was a staged photo for my Remington Rolling block.

Got to admit, I had to shoot it twice. First round bounced off its head. Long story.

Wyoming requires that to use a pistol for hunting big game, it much develope at least 500 ft Lbs at 100 yards. You can't do that safely. but the above bullet out of my Marlin 1894 Cowboy will do it. Problem is, Wyoming also gives a min. oal of a rifle round for big game hunting, the 357, regardless of revolver or rifle will do that.

Assuming that it was legal. If I was to hunt in my back pasture where I knew I could keep the shots under 100 yards I wouldnt have any problem using my Marlin. But if I was actually going hunting, I'd take my Model 70.

I don't really hunt on my property. I save my deer to teach my grand kids to hunt. I make them use, either my 257 or wifes 243.

If I was going after camp meat for diner (again, it it was legal) I wouldn't hesitate taking the Marlin.

To solve the legal problem (if you have one where you are) get the same gun in 44 Mag. Here, (Wyoming) the 44 mag, even in a pistol "is presumed to develope the required energy at 100 yards".

I have a lot of guns that would be fun to hunt with, my problem is I have more guns then hunting seasons left cause I'm old.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 8 queries