View Single Post
Old January 5, 2009, 10:38 PM   #14
overkill556x45

I have to recommend the Steyr M9A1. CDNN has/had them for a hilariously low price. A buddy bought one recently and let me put about 50 rounds through it. It is the best pistol I've fired. Period. The first day I shot it, I was putting the whole magazine in the bullseye and 9 ring from 15 yards--firing just as fast as the sights would drop back down. Recoil was non-existent, even for a 9mm. The sights are fantastic. The trigger is a bit on the heavy side, but the ergonomics make that a non-issue.
The second time I shot the Steyr, I loaded 5 rounds and fired at just a shade over 30 yards (standing, two handed, unsupported). Three rounds landed in the 9 ring, the two were about 3" below, centered on the target. Not bad for an exceedingly average pistol shooter.

I've been around to witness about 300 rounds go through the Steyr. On the last outing he had a failure to extract. That's been the only problem. Not sure how or why a single round decided not to come out, but otherwise has performed well.

My Glock 17 has been put on notice.

Last edited by overkill556x45; January 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03315 seconds with 8 queries