View Single Post
Old January 26, 2014, 01:23 PM   #181
Duzell

well just finalizing this project and hope that the sources in it are helpful to those who go with either version of the rifle project V1 or V2

V1 is the add-on only, non permanent modification version. so easy instal parts that do help with accuracy+stability

V2 is the next stage using V1 base to then add a scope using the RSI parts

the addition of the scope has increased consistency and group tightening, but the added weight is more than V1, and finding a carry case is more difficult
PS-i noted the case i use which fits all parts on gun + bipod (needs 3-4 pad locks though)

With the completion of the V2 Mosin nagant BL project i would state the rifle is a success, as i can now do long range with highly improved groups, at the cost of mobility. the rifle also is night shoot compatible , for dark shoots and night hunting(if you think of using it for that)

the gun is easy to prone shoot and does not give position away, also the muzzle break redirects most sound noise in the up direction(mosinplus)

similarly, the gun when used with a companion, can also act as a spotter due to the high scope magnification.

the mosin BL V2 is also swappable , in which it can be disassemble and reset into its original stock and shoot as it was originally intended. now there are 2 holes in the mosin receiver that does not impede shooting or hamper the firearm. now this is the permanent modification to the gun, and is the only mod needed to install the scope. (please see professional gunsmith to install any scope mounts that require this type of mod)

overall im very happy with the end result of the project V2 and hope to eventually move to V3 which is the addition of the next stock from archangel(whenever they get their act together)

the mosin v1,v2 are legal to use on hunts as the magazine is 5 round (v3 can be legal with correct mag size)

below is a detailed video overviewing the end of V2 project , thanks for the support, and i hope to continue the projects ever evolving setups
-your friend
Duzell

Video

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries