View Single Post
Old August 30, 2009, 07:18 AM   #1
TheNatureBoy

10-40x50 Osprey International Scope Review

I purchased this scope a few weeks ago for $166.45 and got a chance to check it out yesterday. Because of concerns/complaints expressed by others who had purchased Osprey scopes I checked it out as best I knew how before mounting. I didn't see any o-rings exposed,the adjustment knobs were secure and functioned properly, and the glass was clear. After mounting it on my 7mm Rem Mag Sendero I shouldered it and was able to easily and clearly read street signs approximatately 500 yards in any direction. I adjusted it back and forth using side parallax adjustment and power adjustment knob and noticed all was well up to 36 power. Past that point things got blury. I could still put cross hair on a fixed target but blury just the same.

Once we got to the range and got set up I zeroed scope and tested some 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tips/ 61 grains of IMR 4350 at 100 yards, and Sierra GameKing 160 grain/62.8 grains RE-22 powder. After firing ten rounds I let the barrel cool down and before firing again I bore sighted to see if the scope held up. I did this 3 times firing a total of 30 rounds of the above with absolutely no problems. At the end of the day I was very pleased with the results. I won't test again until the fields have been harvested. I had a difficult time finding a spot to place my target because the bean fields were so high. When I test again I will do so at 300 and 500 yards. I should mention the weather conditions. It was 90 degrees and a little muggy with 10-15 mph cross winds blowing right to left. 700 yards down range I could clearly see anything I focused on to include mirage.

I really thought long and hard about purchasing this scope because of comments made by others on this and other boards that I frequent. In the end I decided to give it a try and am pleased thus far. More testing to follow using different powders and heavier bullets. I will share results.

Last edited by TheNatureBoy; August 30, 2009 at 07:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.02634 seconds with 8 queries