Thread: Wadcutters
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2001, 12:11 AM   #6
S&W Man

Dick -
I don't know what round nose you are using, or how you are loading, but a round nose bullet should and will work equally as well in a 38 or a 357. ANY bullet, other that true wad cutters that works in a 38 special will work in a 357 Magnum IF you are loading properly. Even a wadcutter will, it just seems not as well.

I only load two bullets in any of my 38 special or 357 magnums for a lead bullet. I use a Semiwadcutter in both for target shooting, you can push them quite well in a 38 special at low velocities, and a round nose for cowboy shooting. I do load some jacketed as well in both.
I think the semiwadcutters work much better than the wadcutters. In my NRA classes, I use nothing but a light load Semi wadcutter in my 38spl's.

Semiwadcutters also have more knockdown power or energy that a roundnose or a wadcutter if you should use them for self defense, but they do not have the capabilities of a good hollowpoint. For stopping power for self defense a Jacketed hollowpoint is best with a Jacketed softpoint or a semiwadcutter next. For hunting with a 357 magnum the same applies. The wadcutter is really only good as a target load.

The second admendment GUARANTEES the other nine and the Constitution!

Page generated in 0.03567 seconds with 8 queries