View Single Post
Old July 16, 2011, 05:02 AM   #179
huntinaz

Quote:
Like it or not, it's the dividing line between "law-abiding citizen" and "criminal scumbag". As much as some might want to have it both ways, it just doesn't work like that.
No, that is a poor perception. Speeding is illegal. Jaywalking is illegal. Littering is illegal. I bet you have been guilty of these things from time to time, and I also bet you are not what most would call a "criminal scumbag." As far as having it both ways, that's not the issue. There is a gray area sometimes, as shown in this case. Your average murder is more clear cut than this case. Deciding when and how killing someone is allowed is a gray area. Judgement is gray area, 'cause ain't nobody gonna think exactly the same.
Quote:
First of all, there is no need for biased jury members in a legal self-defense case.
First of all, there's no such thing as a non-biased human being. I don't care that this guy was a pharmacist, was a gun owner, was an american...what I care about is that his life was directly challenged and when the dust settled he won a fight he didn't start. He was ultimately the defendant. Probably didn't handle it the best given the law of the land.

Let me ask you all this:
Somebody comes into your home and threatens your life, fight or flight kicks in (fancy name for adrenaline rush) and you stop the threat. I don't know about you but one of the very first emotions I'm gonna have is anger. Anger that this happened, that this guy had the nerve to try and hurt me. Anger is natural, and you aren't thinking real clearly. So you should go to jail if you make a rash decision in this circumstance, when the other prick is the guy who caused it all? That's what the law doesn't take into account, that's what the jury didn't take into account, and I absolutely don't agree with the sentence from the evidence I've seen.

That guy died on someone else's property, threatening someone else's life, it was his decision. He forced the issue and paid the price. I'm not sentencing the pharmacist for the perp's actions. If the perp didn't like the reaction he got, then he can go kick rocks. Or in this case push daisies. He caused the reaction, why punish the guy who was forced to the decision against his will??????

Page generated in 0.03933 seconds with 8 queries