View Single Post
Old October 3, 2009, 11:19 AM   #31
OJ

This was extensively discussed on a levergun forum with 99% bad experiences and, even the one enthusiast eventually had to admit the rest of us were correct.

I bought one (having read good reviews in Shooting times and the NRA Rifleman0 and the extractor failed before the first magazine (6 rounds) was fired. Sent it back to repair facility (not where the factory is) at my expense and, after a month, got it back. Started loading it when the screw holding the forend broke before I even shot it. It was odd sized and no local gunsmith could replace it - Mossberg at first required me to send it back to the repair facility but, I convinced them I had a screwdriver and could replace it if I could get the screw.

Got the screw and replaced it and found I couldn't get through the six rounds in the magazine without a malfunction.

Now, I'm stuck with a rifle I wouldn't sell or even give away because i wouldn't want the recipient to think what he would of me every time he looked at the rifle.

Only too late, I looked in past Gun Digests and found Mossberg had produced some half dozen lever model 30-30 rifles - I assume the reason they aren't still around says something of their quality - or lack of.

:barf:
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by OJ; October 3, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.02424 seconds with 8 queries