View Single Post
Old November 21, 2001, 01:14 AM   #6
Christopher II

Tactical Reality and In the Gravest Extreme are both very much worth reading. If I could recomend only one reference to a new shooter, ITGE would be it.

John Mattera's Serious Social Shotguns is a pretty good introduction to the shotgun as a fighting tool. Mattera has a couple other books out, but I haven't read any of them yet.

Don't neglect the non-tactical shooting books, either. Brian Enos' Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals is simply the best instructive guide to pistol shooting in existence, bar none. If you haven't read this book and mulled over its lessons at length, you're probably not shooting as well as you could be.

I rented The Gift of Fear from the local library, and was unimpressed. Gavin de Becker's whiny hoplophobia and obvious taste for the spotlight are not character traits that I want in someone who is advising me on security matters.

It would be a great service to the shooting community if someone (preferably someone a bit more stable and mature than our friend Gavin,) would write a book on situational awareness with a mind towards civillians who carry concealed weapons. I'd buy a copy...

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries