View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 08:46 PM   #23
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I can believe it. here are a few of my 100 yard targets and they are just field guns not match guns except for the 45 and the match part of it was shot out a couple of hundred thousand rounds ago.

First up is S&W M58 41 magnum with a 5"x7" group

Next up is an old Ruger Super Blackhawk with quite a few thousand rounds through it, some 44 special but the majority full load magnums. This is a 5"x6" group with full power loads I use for deer hunting.

Last but not least is my 1911A1 NM 45 with a 3"x5" and the only reason it is 5" is a self caused flyer that stopped it from being a 3"x3" group.

Didn't shoot .357 that day but I will. Its an old Dan Wesson and by old I mean back in the early 70's about the same time as my 45 was made. So yeah I believe his targets, I know what the guns can do if the shooter does his part. There is no magic, just plain old fashioned application of basic marksmanship with a touch more concentration thrown in.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.04937 seconds with 8 queries