View Single Post
Old November 22, 2008, 12:02 PM   #43
JohnH1963

In terms of being an average Joe civilian, do we really need to sleep with guns? Do we really need to carry guns? Do we really need to have guns?

In my civilian experiences, the answer is no, we dont really need any of this stuff. There has not been an incident at my house, or my neighbor's house or anywhere in the neighborhood, ever. I do travel around a lot and I really havent come upon one incident where there was a need to pull a gun.

There have been some hostile situations in my life where if I did pull a gun then it would have probably made things a lot worse.

However, the need to carry guns and have them by the bedside is the same as the need for nuclear weapons. In America, a burglar is deterred by the knowledge that some people might have guns by their bedside. Violence on the streets is deterred by the knowledge that some people might be carrying guns.

The necessity to carry and have guns is really for the deterence of criminal action. There are those rare times, however, when its more then just deterence, but the purpose behind carrying and having is to have that deterence.

I believe every homeowner should at least have a .38 revolver at the bare minimum. If it was known that everyone had a pistol in their house, then think of the amount of burglaries that would be reduced or the amount of at home violence that would be reduced.

I sure would not go knocking on someone's door in a strange neighborhood if I knew that there were very liberal gun laws and that most everyone had one...

If everyone carried a pistol on the street, Im willing to bet that there would a great reduction in overall crime. If I were a police officer, I would feel more comfortable knowing that everyone is armed around me.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries