View Single Post
Old October 3, 2013, 12:27 PM   #35
ycastane

Ive killed hogs with the AR15 on 223 without an issue. Ive always heard that 223 is not a big enough caliber to do much damage except for small game likes foxes and coyotes and would be inhumane to shoot a deer with it and so far i have killed this year 3 different deers, 2 this past weekend and 1 a few months ago and except for 1 that ran about 30 feet the other have dropped where they stood with a good shoulder shot.

My cousin took 2 hogs this weekend with his 30-06 tikka T3 i believe not sure but he was shooting a silver shell black tip bullet 150 gr i believe didnt even look at the box and the 2 hogs had massive shoulder damage.

He shot a deer about 200 yds away, hit it in the stomach and bullet traveled up the gut and almost came out above the right shoulder, we recovered the mushroom bullet and the damage there was even worse, the entire stomach was blown to shyt and same with the shoulder.

All in all i took 2 deers with the 223 and he took 2 hogs and a deer, mine dropped and no damage whatsoever and his ran about 25 yds.

Page generated in 0.02207 seconds with 8 queries