View Single Post
Old November 3, 2010, 05:17 PM   #276
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
...a few folks that belive CCW permit holders need a higher level of training. but it has been entertqaining specially from them that are "trainers". Of course they will take this position, if they said otherwise folks would not come to them and pay them fo0r this service,...
And let me make this clear. I have been helping teach people shooting for almost ten years. I have never taken so much a nickle in compensation. I am now working with a local group of instructor who put on monthly NRA Basic Handgun classes as well as periodic Personal Protection classes. None of us take any compensation. Class fees are set to only cover expenses.

Last May, I went to Arizona to work with Massad Ayoob as an assistant instructor in his MAG40 class in Sierra Vista. I paid my own way and received no compensation.

I consider myself fortunate to be able to make this contribution to both the RKBA and responsible gun ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
...Now I can also tell you about my years as a bouncer it was in a rough part of town, I was shot at, stabbed once, removed weapons from a few. I have been shot in the left shoulder. Had my calf ripped open to the bone once. Got bones in the right hand that were broke and didnt set right....
You might have been better off if you had had some better training.

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 8 queries