View Single Post
Old April 24, 2011, 09:42 PM   #25
ltc444

I will address wobble first. all shooters wobble. What you must seek to do, as every Bullseye shooter knows, is accept the wobble. SFC Reed trained us to wobble in a figure 8 pattern. If you do this you will have an equal distribution of hits across the target. In matches involving a single shot head to head I loose. But in competion involving fifty or one hundred shot courses I beat these same dead eyes.

As to the best accurate pistol. Purchase a good basic Mil spec pistol. Find a retired Army or Marine National Match armorer. He/she would probably love to build your pistol to NMC Spec. for a nominal fee.

Additionally, the Armorer can tune the pistol to meet your specific needs. This something you can't get from any of the custom houses without paying big bucks. American Handgunner ran a series of articles on how to build your own super accurate 1911 a number of years ago. They provided me with a reprint for mailing cost.

When I was shooting on the 5th Infantry Division Combat Pistol team, the NCOIC of the 705th Maint Bn. Small Arms Repair Shop built me a, NMC spec pistol using a rack grade 1911 and the spare parts bin. Not a single part was stamped NMC.

In head to head competition, my pistol beat a Clark custom which cost over a thousand dollars. That was real money in 1977.

Page generated in 0.03122 seconds with 8 queries