Thread: Best deal
View Single Post
Old July 21, 2013, 11:04 AM   #10
RC20

I don't care for stricker pistols for SD/HD/CC. That said if the S&W had the manual safety I would put it in the running.

I have fired that gun but have handled it a number of times and its a good feeling gun and I do like S&W sights (but they are not night sights).

The SP2022 is an oustanding gun. Prcies seem a bit high but I am not up to date on them. Extra magazines are expensive no getting around that.

As for quality and relaiblity the SP2022 stacks up well with the guns in the 800-900 range.

One of the nice featrues is the slide relae and takedown lever that is combined. It makes for a cleaner left side. I like that.

Trigger is a good DA pull and while not as good as a DA revolver pretty close. Same for the SA, not as good as revolver but good and right up there with Poly guns. Its an easy shift from a revolver to that type of gun (My opinion) and I have no issue with the auto shift from DA to SA after the first shot. I tended to shoot my revolver SA unless it was very close shooting. I always liked the option to calm accurate fire vs lead throwing. I am not fast but I can be pretty good if I stay centered and calm.

I would not buy a gun without night sights, they work well. Sigs have good ones.

Price wise the S&W is the better value, but if you shoot the gun at all, that cost is quickly considered in ammunition so should not be the prime determinant (best you can do for what suits you is my motto).

MP has a good reputation so if the striker suits you odds are it will shoot well and likely be reliable. Some issue with S&W repair these days when in the past they were very good. One guy had a gun in twice and still not fixed. Sadly not uncommon as no one seems to be stellar on repairs at least from what I am hearing.

My nephew got a SP2022 and it had a bad chamber (problems seem in about the 5% range with Sig). They did give my brother the break in song and dance to start with until he flamed them. No issues on correcting it when it got sent in, but the chamber was very obvious and the gun function fine, just left nasty marks on the brass (someone not reloading might not care but it also had the chance of an ejection issue so I would not have let it pass anyway)

Page generated in 0.02723 seconds with 8 queries