View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 03:39 PM   #141
Wyoredman

One thing I think most urban folks forget when asking about guns and need is the fact that there are still large numbers of folks who live, work and play in very rural areas.

Areas so rural that any law enforcement presence may be hours or days away. Think about the need for guns in those situations. Not only to protect against the two legged animal, but also the four legged.

There are counties in Wyoming larger than many states in the east, with less population than a few city blocks of some cities. LEO may be 100's of miles away from a call (if the caller has phone service), and roads are not always paved and plowed. Sometimes, and it happens alot, a person must use the tools at hand to take care of themselves. Sometimes those tools are guns.

It is NOT like urban areas where there is a police station every five miles and a fire department with paramedics every three. Some of our first responders are stationed two to three hours apart.

I don't think anyone could argue that these folks "need" guns, literaly!

Take some time and look at some maps. Notice the large areas and distances without roads or towns. One would need a gun in these places, I submit.

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries