View Single Post
Old June 11, 2009, 02:18 AM   #67
cloud8a

correct me if I am wrong and do not jump all over me for this but using lethal force is for stopping the threat, not NECESSARILY making it die. This might be an ethics issue I do not know. But once you stopped the threat (the guy is on the ground gasping for breath from your bullets) Is there a civil obligation to try and keep him alive?

Point in question, the criticism California police got for supposedly letting the North Hollywood bank robber to die after a fully automatic gunfight.

Is the whole idea of not shooting to wound anchored on the idea that you always shoot to kill? If you are shooting to kill a BG then should you finish the shoot if you did not extinguish life in the 1st volley? Does that mean you shot to wound if they guy if he was not killed? I am talking civilly here.

I have never heard of a man being prosecuted on the Idea that he only shot to wound and not followed the rule of "Do not shoot to wound"

I am just throwing things out there. I would in a SD situation shoot to stop the person not think only to make die.

Last edited by cloud8a; June 11, 2009 at 02:45 AM.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries