View Single Post
Old August 1, 2013, 01:45 AM   #79
jimpeel

Frank Ettin,

While you did posit a wonderful semantical dissertation on the differences between assumption and presumption, and my failure to use the terms in a grammatically and legally correct manner, you failed to answer the questions I posited in my post HERE

Quote:
If one is stopped, and the officer starts asking questions which one does not wish to answer, does one have to invoke the right time after time after time; or can one simply invoke the right in general terms such as "I am invoking my fifth amendment right to remain silent; and I will, from this point, refuse to answer any further questions."?

Also, if one may invoke on the basis above, does that invocation become null and void if one does answer any question, or have any further communication after that invocation? Does one have to re-invoke the right in general terms -- assuming that is permissible -- once again?

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries