View Single Post
Old August 10, 2011, 03:33 AM   #3
Dr. Strangelove

Rifles, but I was shooting my Savage 110 in 7mm Rem Mag with a cheap Bushnell scope on a public range next to a guy with a beautiful Browning A-bolt with the barrel comp thingy and a high dollar scope, about a $2000.00 rig vs. my $350.00 rig.

Cease fire called, we go to check targets, he says "Hey look at this, great, eh?" I say "Thanks", he asks "What do you mean?" I told him he was looking at my target, his was one over. I asked what he was shooting, he snarled "7 mag" as he stomped off, threw his rifle in a case, and left.

I was shooting less than an inch, his groups were, well, weren't groups at all.

I learned from watching an uncle of mine go down a trout stream and catch a limit where a bunch of fancy dressed fools fished dressed in thousands of dollars of gear and rods, catching nothing, that equipment helps, but it doesn't make the man.

If I walked up on a skeet field and saw one guy with an old beater, and the rest with high dollar guns, I'm putting my money on the guy with the beater.

Page generated in 0.02616 seconds with 8 queries