View Single Post
Old December 5, 2011, 10:46 AM   #16
dogtown tom

Quote:
oneounceload
Quote:
Quote:
So, what individual has the FFL that Wal-Mart uses to sell guns?
My understanding was that it was the store manager. We had a drug store chain where I used to live that sold guns. the FFL had the store manager's name on it, same with the KMart at that time
Nope.
An FFL can be issued to a sole proprietor, a partnership, a corporation, etc. Those issued to corporations do not have the store managers name shown as the licensee....because a corporation is its own legal entity. ATF requires the name of "responsible persons" on the app....but that has to do with who controls business policy and management authority of the licensee.
Every FFL has a space for the "licensee/responsible person" to sign and show their title....this may have been where you saw the managers name on the FFL.

In short, you won't see "WalMart #112321 Bubba J. Citizen" shown as the licensee. In my files I have these:

Bud's- no individual's name on license
Impact- no individual's name on license
SigSauer- no individual's name on license
Glock- no individual's name on license
S&W- no individual's name on license
Classic Arms- no individual's name on license
AIM- no individual's name on license
Southern Ohio guns- no individual's name on license
CDNN- no individual's name on license

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries