View Single Post
Old March 22, 2009, 09:49 AM   #8
chopz

i would not have gone for a gun. if i was awoken by a string or 2 of shots being fired i'd immediately conclude that 1) the shooter wasn't gunning for me (if he was he was a really bad shot) and 2) the guy had a really poor ability to approach me discreetly. if he was gunning for me and was outside my house shooting holes in it, might be a different story.

a while back i was awakened in the middle of the night by 2 or 3 pairs, like double taps. i got up, went into my living room and heard another pair of bangs. the sound was muffled enough that i figured maybe they were a couple hundred yard away. i called the police right away. my first thought was that someone might have been down by the river (past the end of my street, maybe a half dozen houses away), either screwing around or poaching. i figure, what are they gonna do, go house-to-house? so i never felt as if i were in any danger, except maybe by some random stray bullet coming through a wall. and the chances of that happening at that range are really kind of miniscule. and there's no way to use a firearm to defend against such a thing as a stray bullet from down the street. if there was somebody out there, even if they were in a neighbor's yard, what am i gonna do - start trying to return fire or shoot him out an open window? that would have been a bit unwise.

also, i think i need help on how to conjugate the verb "awake."

Page generated in 0.03597 seconds with 8 queries