View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Lee Lapin

Would that be the SXP you were inspecting?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...21C&mid=512252

Spend some time actually handling a variety of shotguns, and shooting them if you can BEFORE you buy. Some ranges and gun clubs/trap and skeet ranges have rental guns if you don't know any shotgunners you can ask for help with this.

Better to work off your own experience than what a bunch of strangers on the net tell you IMHO.

Best bet for what you describe IMHO is one of the major manufacturer pumpguns with a wide variety of extra barrels available. I like Remington 870s but you may decide on the Winchester or a Mossberg. Whatever you like will work. The two barrel/one shotgun set is even offered as a combo in some cases, it's not as if it's a new idea. A shorter barrel, maybe with rifle sights, for defense, and a longer vent rib barrel for other stuff.

Get someone for whom this ain't their first rodeo to show you around shotguns a little. Don't be embarrassed - it'll save you time and money in the short and long run. If you're in my area drop me a PM...

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.03113 seconds with 8 queries