View Single Post
Old December 19, 2011, 07:09 AM   #22
BlueTrain

I was practicing this last evening with my Ruger .45. Because you (or at least I) wear different clothes all the time, you have to keep in practice drawing under different arrangements to keep yourself "warmed up," in a manner of speaking. Some concealment arrangements are great from a concealment standpoint, not so good for making a smooth draw. But a fairly quick draw is still possible nevertheless. The Ruger (P345) is a fairly good compromise for size and weight and has a good smooth profile. It also is a double action, which I prefer for the first shot. In fact, I wish it were double action only.

I did that a few times and as usual, I reach a point where I think it is almost meaningless because it all has to do with watching a clock, rather like drag racers waiting for the light to change. In other words, it is completely unrealistic. To win, in real life, you have to somehow come to a mental "ready" position before the game starts. That's were the problems start to show up. It just isn't possible to be in a fully alert and "ready" condition all the time. If you are, well, that just isn't living.

And, oh, yeah, you still have to hit the target.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries