View Single Post
Old January 19, 2011, 11:28 PM   #13
bedbugbilly

WOW!!! You did a fantastic job on the holster . . . and you should be very, VERY proud of your final result. She's a nice one! I make holsters and accouterments and I'll tell you, if that is your first holster, you did some excellent craftsmanship on it!

If you haven't already run across it - hit the link below and it will take you to the leatherworking forum over at cascity - lots of good information there.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/ind...oard,57.0.html

Now that you've made your first one - I can tell you that it is "habit forming" - just like shooting SA. Once you make a holster for everyone of your shootin' irons . . you'll make another holster and then have to buy another gun to fit it . . . and it just snowballs from there!

Thanks for sharing your story and photos - good luck with the leatherwork - am looking forward to seeing other photos of your work!!!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03941 seconds with 8 queries