View Single Post
Old July 16, 2010, 01:44 AM   #20
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
You seem to think that PAYING for an NRA membership is giving money directly to the political fight.
No. Actually, I seem to remember that I was the person who pointed that out to you.

You are correct in that general dues do not cover political lobbying. By law, the NRA cannot dip into membership dues for that purpose. Hence the phone calls everyone hangs up on and the mailings everyone throws out.

This thread isn't about the SAF or other organizations. As valuable as they might be, we're talking about whether or not the NRA should branch out into general "conservative" causes.

If you're suggesting that we may be better served by forking various aspects of the 2A fight into several groups, you have a valid point. My only worry is that the cause may become too splintered and lose coherence. One only has to look at the backbiting a few groups do to prove that they're somehow more "hard core" than the NRA.

So far, the SAF has been the only other group to show that they're competent and effective on the national level (and boy have they!). Trust me, I've gladly supported them, but I also recognize the clout and influence of the NRA.

Page generated in 0.03773 seconds with 8 queries