View Single Post
Old October 20, 2001, 12:13 PM   #2
Mad Max

That sounds pretty good! I have to say that my favorite way to use venison is in jerky. It lasts the longest and is delicious with cold beer. I butcher my own deer, and cut the meat into thin medallions or strips. Then I lay the strips out and press fresh ground black pepper and garlic salt into them. Next, I put a couple of pounds of the seasoned meat into a big ziploc bag, and add Kikkoman soy sauce(NOT LaChoy!) until the meat is just covered. You dont want too add too much, or it will make the meat too salty. I usually let it marinate for 12-24 hours in the fridge, then use my food dehydrator to dry it for about 8 hours. Jerky makes good christmas presents, and is about as addictive as crack. I suggest using a food dehydrator rather than trying to use an oven or a smoker -- maybe add a little liquid smoke to the marinade for that smokey flavor.
Bon appetite!

"I don't mind it when stupid people say stupid things. Stupid people should be encouraged to say stupid things, that way we always know who the stupid people are." ~ Ted Nugent - Fox News, 2002.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
[Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science", New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930]

Page generated in 0.02718 seconds with 8 queries