View Single Post
Old December 29, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1
TXAZ

NFA Machine Gun language

I was looking over the ATF website on the definition of a machine gun and ran across:

2.1.6 Machinegun. "Firearms within the definition of machinegun include weapons that shoot, are designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger."

So a former life of engineering systems to defeat or seriously degrade other systems and requirements started me to wonder...

Would a weapon be classified as machine gun if the weapon had multiple triggers, attached mechanical, electronic, remotely or otherwise, where squeezing "N" number of fingers (or toes or other people or other environmental conditions) would result in "N" number of bullets being discharged? In this scenario, only 1 shot would be discharged per trigger activation. For instance the movement of a finger forward or backwards would each be an individual activation, and moving all 4 fingers forward and backwards would result in 8 shots being discharged.

How about a trigger that was activated once based upon detection of an external condition: Sound, heartbeat, whatever.

I have to believe this has been addressed before, but didn't see anything related on this or other sites.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 8 queries