View Single Post
Old November 25, 2009, 02:21 PM   #30
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Franken, what reg book are you utilizing? I have yet to find the reference in the general regs.
Wyoming doesn't have a regulation on the books, specifically outlawing the practice. However, every person I have talked to in the WY Fish and Game has made the essentially the same statement: "If some one gets caught doing it, it will be considered Harassment of Wildlife."
I called the Cheyenne headquarters (307-777-4600), and the Laramie regional office (307-745-4046) to verify today. The 'interpretation' still stands: Push the game toward hunters affiliated with you, and you're harassing - even if the animals are casually walking.
(Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah pretty much consider any "pushing" of game, without the personal intent to tag an animal, harassment.)

Quote:
If you can point me to the Oregon reference, I would be thankful.
Apparently, it depends upon who you talk to in Oregon.
Today, I called the LaGrande regional Wildlife Office (541-963-2138), and the State Police (LaGrande 541-963-7175). I was misinformed in 2003 or 2004, when I checked into the regs. There is no regulation on the books, in Oregon.
However.... some officials will tell you it is clearly a Harassment of Wildlife violation, and others will tell you, "that's just group hunting".
(One officer responded with the quote. Two officers responded with harassment. An official in the Regional Office said it would depend upon situational factors, and interpretation by the field officers.)

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 8 queries