View Single Post
Old September 10, 2008, 04:44 PM   #14
Loader9

Yeah, you can reload 22 rimfire if you have the guts. One of my distant relatives was reloading 22LR for his Schuetzen rifle. At first, you could buy primed cases but when these were not made anymore, he bought the liquid for the priming agent and the equipment to do it. I never saw him do it but my brother in law did and he said it was a little scary. As I remember correctly, the priming material was nitroglycerin based. Anyway, he used a powder that was called Lesmok as I recall. It was a black powder replacement back in the day. He cast his own bullets with molds he had made. I never thought it was worth the time but you didn't want to shoot rimfire against him so I guess it was worth it....at least to him it was. I know you never heard a squibb load out of his rifle like the ammo you have today. But since he has died, I don't know of anybody reloading 22 rimfire. I highly doubt you can buy the materials any more. I think next time I see his boy I'm going to ask about the equipment. Seems everything he had was Herters. It's probably a collectors item.

Page generated in 0.02087 seconds with 8 queries