View Single Post
Old August 8, 2009, 08:39 AM   #14
NuCentMAn

MAss confusion

I'll pile on here. JSB, BillyM, and DKnine have the finer points, and a few others, covered well. The bottom line is MA wrote the federal AWB into law after the federal "sunset"- Thanks Mitt. So at the end of the day, MA has its own firearms manufacturing and safety standards. But on top of that, even after safety and drop tests are passed, the AG has to deem any particular weapon as compliant to the ban laws based on the AG's staff's interpretation of the laws. So there is a SUBJECTIVE aspect to the rules governing which weapons can be bought and sold new in MA, Hi capp not included in this rationale because issue and definition of high capacity is covered in the plain language of the ban, pre 94 high capp feeding devices only. IMHO there should be no SUBJECTIVITY in the application of law, too much speculation abounds about why one weapon is MA compliant and one isn't when they both have been certified as safe by the office of public safety. Then of course these rules only apply to civilians, not saying I want our LEO's or Military personel using anything but the best and most effective implements known to man, but I feel that if there were any real concerns over safety the ban(s) would be universal. Infer ulterier motives for yourselves.

Page generated in 0.03855 seconds with 8 queries