View Single Post
Old July 26, 2000, 04:54 PM   #20
SG12

Gents, I wish I could enter into this discussion, but I happen to live in Missouri where our governor feels compelled to veto every sane ccw bill that comes before him. I remember several years ago reading that he was Bill Clinton's favorite governor (great honor, huh?). Both houses of our legislature passed the ccw bill with flying colors, but gov said his conscience couldn't allow him to sign it because blood would run in the streets.

If you all remember correctly, a couple years ago it was put to a vote of the people here in Missouri. I believe it passed in EVERY county in the state EXCEPT Kansas City and St. Louis where the liberals used their best scare tactics to dissuade the sheep from voting for it. It barely failed. I really feel cheated that the city liberals have so much influence over me and the rest of the state. I made very few shopping trips to Kansas City before the election. I now make NO trips to KC. Instead, I wait impatiently, hoping a Republican governor will be elected this fall. Then, maybe I will be able to join these little discussions and throw in my two cents worth.

SG

The way I see it guys, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can always get yourself a new dog!"

[This message has been edited by SG12 (edited July 26, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02246 seconds with 8 queries