View Single Post
Old January 21, 2012, 04:01 PM   #32
ScotchMan

I am someone who only has a .22 rifle and is looking to get into shooting a centerfire rifle. I have shot friends' 30-30s and a .300 Winmag. However I am not convinced I need a really high quality rifle as I do not hunt and don't forsee any "long term defense" scenarios in my future.

That said, I've been looking for an entry level rifle for me for a while. I love the Savage Accutrigger, and that is the biggest reason I don't want an Axis (lack of Accutrigger). I have looked at the Ruger Gunsite extensively, as well as similarly-priced Savages, but I'm just not at the point where I'd rather have a $700-1000 rifle than a new 1911, for example.

I also am not sure if I want to go with a bolt action or AR first (I'm sure I will end up with both eventually).

So, coming from the perspective above, and already being satisfied with Ruger, I am very interested in this rifle. I'm ok if it feels cheap and plastic, if the trigger is similar to the Accutrigger then I find it to be a great value. And if not, I'm only out $350-400, and I can gift it to a friend to get another person into shooting.

It would seem to me that the type of person who frequents rifle forums online is probably not the target market for this rifle, so the comments here aren't unexpected. But for someone like me, it will probably be a success.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member

Page generated in 0.02167 seconds with 8 queries