View Single Post
Old December 7, 2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Fishing_Cabin

Al Norris, I have read of this person and his actions for a while now. I am sure Mr Gura understands the views of Mr Embody from his various post here and elsewhere. I will be reading through Mr Gura's brief, though I feel it is in a way damage control.

I feel that Mr Embody has a strong chance of causing more harm, then any good his actions are likely to bring. I would like to bring out something that you mentioned from Mr Embody's deposition. "Mr. Embody's deposition (a large PDF) where he admits to the action as a way of confronting and antagonizing the authorities. He also admits to painting the barrel tip blaze orange, because he believed the police would think twice about shooting him, if they thought he had only a toy gun." By his own deposition, Mr Embody seems to have intended to either conceal or to disguise the Draco so, "the police would think twice about shooting him, if they thought he had only a toy gun." With that said, I wonder if the more Mr Embody pushes this, if such things as painting an orange tip, etc on a firearm brings it into an NFA area, since the intent was to disguise, conceal, or mislead others in to thinking it is not a firearm, only a "toy". Or, if the "dangerous and unusual weapons" may bring about a ground for banning or restricting such firearms since as you noted, and I quote, "dangerous and unusual weapons" come into play and neither the action nor the firearm is protected by the 2A."

Edit to add -> While the charge, and conviction of affray seems to be a reasonable response to the actions of Mr Embody, I feel more concerned he will keep pushing until some damage has been done, either by this event, or others in the future he seems to always have in mind. I doubt if he will be happy with any likely outcome. There is also the old saying of, "The justice we want, we seldom get, and the justice we get, we seldom want."

Last edited by Fishing_Cabin; December 7, 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: noted above

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries