View Single Post
Old February 8, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1
KevinBeyerJr

Should I go the DPMS route.

I have been putting a lot of thought into what I would get first once I purchase my first rifle safe. After seeing a lot of people keeping on raving about the possible ban of assault rifles that seems inevitable, I think I will probably put an AR-15 on layaway right after that.

My neighbor was raving about how great his DPMS brand AR was, and how the neighbor next door to him swore by it when in the Marines. He can be full of it at times, but I haven't heard much terrible about that brand. I am looking for something entry level that I can add on as needed. probably no more than $900 - $1K. I can always buy a scope, light etc afterwards. I am looking at something around .308 caliber, but not too small. I haven't shot a rifle since training in the Navy, so my accuracy won't be great, but I am looking for a good caliber that I can find enough ammo when I do go to the range. I also am curious about how many accessories/add ons would be available after the ban. I don't want to be too late.

Oh, and American made would be preferable.

Page generated in 0.03907 seconds with 8 queries