View Single Post
Old June 22, 2007, 11:06 AM   #20
kickshot85

Invincible ducks. I know we hit those things.

Three buddies and myself were hunting duck late in the season one year and a little after shooting started a huge flock of Mallards and Canvas Backs came in on a low straight on trajectory. We all shouldered out shotguns and . . . . .we all missed, each of us shooting at least twice, I shot all three. That was depressing. Our best guess is that since they were flying head on, we were overshooting them.

I've had many misses on rabbits that were pretty funny. It's kind of like playing rabbit ping-pong. The bunny runs out from my left, I shoot too far ahead of him. He 180's on me and bolts back to where he came from, I shoot again. And again the bunny does this Olympic class double back flip with a half twist and bolts the other way. And the last shot usually ends up behind him, out of haste to shoot. It's always a good laugh. Once while hunting with five other guys, a rabbit somehow managed to dodge 13 shots from four different hunters. Then it made the mistake of crossing the oldest among us, he shows no mercy.

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 8 queries