View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 08:33 AM   #39
III-Percent

Quote:
I think a lot of people are getting over the whole mall Ninja Tactical fad and remembering what a good, old fashioned, reliable gun the lever actions are.
I wish you were right, however, I went into my LGS a few weeks back and saw a "tactical" lever action complete with composite instead of wood, a collapsible stock and rail system. There were about 10 guys standing around the guy holding it oohing and awwing at that travesty of a firearm haha. My grandfather would be rolling in his grave if I even held that damn thing. I wanted to find whoever made it and cuff up upside the head, personally.

Also read an article about how the .30-30 is the new "tactical" round and that lever action .30-30's are "one of the best" firearms for home defense - blah blah blah and they went on as if you would soon be seeing lever action .30-30's back on the battlefield.

Personally, I have a pre-'64 Winchester .30-30 and love it. Their classics, fun to shoot, and I love most any rifle with a wood stock. Wouldn't dream of trading that wood stock for polymer and a rail system, but, to each their own I suppose.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries