View Single Post
Old December 20, 2004, 02:59 PM   #10
FirstFreedom

In general, regardless of gun type (long arm, pistol, whatever), in a full auto gun, or select-fire in full auto mode, there is some mechanism that keeps the hammer from dropping until the action is finished/shut into battery - not sure what this part or tooth on another part is usually called. Having said that, many illegal modifications that have been done in the past (as I understand things) - homegrown full-auto conversions - don't use such a sophisticated fire control system - they instead rely on the crude "slam-fire" method you describe, which works in some guns (I dare say most) but not in others, although probably not 100% reliably. Converting to a "slam-fire" full auto is easy, if one were inclined to become a criminal - I'm not and don't recommend it to anyone - you just file off the disconnector. Let's repeal the stupid '86 ban on new machineguns, so that the prices will drop and people can actually afford to buy one (with proper licensing). Where's your diety named Bush now gburner? He can't even do such a simple, obvious thing to help the RKBA.

full-auto pistol = worthless anyway, EXCEPT possibly something like a calico "pistol" in .22lr with 100 round rotary drum - I could see that being useful in certain (stealthy) situations, where concealment precedes the mission.

Page generated in 0.03917 seconds with 8 queries