View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1
BarryLee

Own Any Guns You Have Never Shot??

I was speaking with a neighbor this morning and he mentioned that he owned 16 handguns, so I jokingly asked how he decided which to shoot. He told me that he has only shot about half the guns he owns even though he has owned some since the 1980s. Basically he said he buys a gun because he likes it, but generally only shoots two or three of the guns. He said he isn’t saving them as an investment or anything, but just has no desire to shoot them.

So, for some reason I found this kind of strange. When I buy a gun I can’t wait to shoot it and have even been known to shoot one right after purchase even without cleaning. Yes, I have some I like better than others and some that seldom get shot, but none that have never been shot.

So, do any of you ever buy a gun and then simply never shoot it? Again, I’m not necessarily referring to collectables just average firearms.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.02226 seconds with 8 queries