View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 03:37 PM   #25
Mr.RevolverGuy

IceDog88,

It really isn't that bad but it really depends on the ammo. I have shot Hornady 240 grain from it and it chronographed at 1788fps I was really worrying it was going to hurt because the box said 1900fps. With the proper grip and riding the recoil it was nothing, the muzzle really didn't even rise that much. I think the most brutal ammo was Corbon 300grain over the chrono it was 1465fps. The best ammo in reference to recoil I have found is Winchester Super X 250 grain ammo. It is for lighter recoil 1240fps over chrono and still penetrates 11inches of wet yellow pages phone books.

The one thing I believe is very critical with 454 is BULLET JUMP please be aware of it. 454 can produce enough recoil that when you most need it the next round could move forward and your revolver just may lock up. Even if you only use factory ammo make sure you look at it before leaving the store ensuring a firm crimp. On the left is Hornady on the right is Winchester and I have never had a problem with either of these, they always have a firm crimp.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries