View Single Post
Old September 9, 2002, 04:48 PM   #6
ACP230

I don't have a pic of the AR18 that I can post, but I think you can find one at www.securityarms.com.

There were a few FA rifles marked AR15 early in the rifle's history. They were .223s, as were the semiauto ARs. There were also some ARs made in .222 Remington. Some were sold through an advertiser in Shotgun News a year or three ago.

AR18s look more blocky than AR15s, and have a different gas system. I've read that instead of a direct gas system, the AR18 uses a gas piston more like an AK action. Maybe they go into that at Security Arms too.

I shot one mag in bursts from an AR18. It seemed to have more recoil than my AR15, but then mine is a semiauto. I thought the stock was less comfortable than the one on my AR15, but I think I could get used to it. I had about 50 yards worth of range to work with and big, breakable targets. I would like to try one at 100 or 200 yards with paper targets so I could see how they really shoot.

Page generated in 0.03657 seconds with 8 queries